Who is HE?
*He is intelligent.
*He has goals and accomplishes them.
*He is not afraid to show who he really is.
*He is not worried about what other people think of him.
*He does not judge me, but respects me for who I am.
*He has a huge heart and not afraid to share it.
*He loves unconditional.
*He wants me to be there to support him
*He loves spending time with me.
*He will be there no matter what (bad and good days).
*He is not afraid to see me cry.
*He does the little things to remind me how much he cares.
*He puts up with my bratty days (we all get them).
*He is interested in what I am doing with my life.
*He is sweet and sincere.
*He spoils me with affection.
*He calls or text messages me just to say “I’m thinking about you.”
*He doesn’t mind being spoiled.
*He opens doors for me.
*He puts his hand on my check and kisses me.
*He lets me fit perfectly in his arms and hugs me tight.
*He is not afraid to take me out with his friends.
*He is there to lend a helping hand.
*He listens to me when I am talking to him
*He plays with my hair.
*He wants to spend time with me.
*He likes to take trips.
*He likes to relax and watch movies.
*He is tall (taller then me) and handsome!
*He is not afraid of a real relationship.
*He has morals.
*He is considerate.
*He will come over unannounced and surprise me.
*He is full of surprises.
*He does not leave or hang up angry.
*He is not afraid to talk to me about anything.
*He loves to just have a good time.
*He gives compliments.
*He is romantic.
To my surprise, Dustin walked into Pebbles In My Pocket for work in late May. He worked in California for a computer POS system company. I was so focused on work those few days that he was there, and we all spent many hours at the store learning the new computer program and organizing the store. I was not even remotely interested in him, his looks and he never really talked so...Chel was consistently teasing him about meeting her roommate and how great of a person she was. For two days he had no clue that the person working within feet of him was her roommate. She would tell me, after we got home, that he was a great guy and I should hang out with him while he was here. My reaction, "No way! I don't even know him and I am not interested." Finally the day before he was to leave I left my number on the computer that he was working on while he was at lunch and told Chel that he has my number and now the ball is in his court. Two weeks later I got a call, didn't recognize the number so I was hesitate about picking up. So the first two times I ignored it and texted the number back asking who it was. The phone rang again...I ask "Who is this?" The guy on the other end proceeded to try and convince me that I knew who he was. Finally after several minutes he told me who it was. It was Dustin on the other end of the phone, a little part of me smiled inside. I didn't know why. We talked for a short while, as I was getting ready to go on vacation to Pennsylvania. While in Pennsylvania (I was there for two weeks.) We talked EVERY night. I was starting to have feeling for this person that I had built a relationship with over the phone. We had so much in common and we understood each other so well. He even bought me a plane ticket to California for the weekend after I returned home. I was so excited to come home and looked forward to my trip to California and hang out with him and really get to know him. Well....he had schemed up a plan with Chel to pick me up at the airport. He was in Utah working on another store, so he was only hours away. I had no clue, even when I got to the airport, I called Chel and she told me that she was on her way. I was waiting at baggage claim when someone tapped me on the shoulder...it was Dustin. I was so surprised. This was on August 19, 2007...two years ago today. We went to dinner and he took me back to my house. He told me that he had to go back to Utah, but would see me in a week. My reaction was, "No way I am going with you." So I unpacked to repack an over night bag. Every weekend after that I was either in CA or he was in Las Vegas.I knew I was falling in love with him the day he picked me up from the airport. He is everything I wanted in a man and more. I am so grateful that I opened my heart one last time and took a chance. I realize now that there was a reason he was scheduled to work at Pebbles and a reason that I left my number for him.
I love you, Dustin and so glad to have you in my life!
1 comment:
Oh that's so sweet! You are totally still in the 'newly wed' stage. I love it!
Post a Comment