
The first day of school....I knew the students would be nervous, but so was their teacher! Even though I have done the first day three times already, I still get a some butterflies on the first day. I read this story to my students every year on the first day. If you have never read it before here is a short summary. It starts off with a man telling Sarah to get up for the first day at her new school. Sarah does not want to go to her new school is worried no one will like her and etc. She is nervous and a little scared. The man and Sarah finally pull up to the school and the principal is there to greet Sarah, and takes her to her classroom..."Class I would like to introduce to you...(next page)...your new teacher, Mrs. Sarah Jane Hartwell."
That's right, Sarah in the story was the teacher! My students are amazed every year that their teachers get a little nervous too on the first day.
The first day it is a little hard to see true colors of all of your students. They are usually well behaved and follow directions wonderfully. But as they get more comfortable with the new teacher and surroundings, that's when the true them comes through. My first thoughts after today are I think I will have a great class, well behaved, silly, some just needing reminders to raise their hand, smart, and a few needing more support. I can handle it!
2 comments:
I missed that cutsie outfit today - I couldn't see you through all that rain! I could not believe that! I hope you get Trevor next year - but, do you? You might want to think that one through.... :)
happy first day to you too, you look cute, love the skirt. i bet you are a awesome very fun teacher.
Post a Comment