Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Mother's Day

Even though Baby Aiden is still growing inside, mother's day at a new meaning this year. I have a tiny life growing inside me, who will one day call me "Mom". My mom is wonderful and I hope that can be a strong mother and teach my son all the things she taught me about being independent and strong.
A few family members sent me Mother's Day cards and Dustin bought me a new Willow Tree figurine. He was so excited to give it to me, that he woke up early to surprise me with it. We went to Babies R' Us that morning to look at new cribs, since ours got recalled. We parked in the special expectant mother's space!Dustin and I each made a short video slide show for each of our moms this year, filled with pictures of us growing up. I watched it with my mom later that day and it brought tears to her eyes. I think seeing her little girl in those pictures and then realizing that I would soon be a mother myself toughed her heartstrings! :) I love you mom, and I am who I am today because of you (and Dad too- but his day is not for a few more weeks!).
I tried to upload the videos, but they were taking too long!

No comments: