Saturday, February 7, 2009

The Best Christmas Gift Ever

Two days after Christmas (December 27th), Dustin and I found out the most exciting news ever!

WE'RE HAVING A BABY!


We got home from doing some errands about 8pm that night, and I decided to take a pregnancy test, Dustin didn't realize what I was doing (he was sitting on the couch watching T.V.). For months I have seen just one line come across these tests, and would feel sad, but on this night (with no high hopes more curiosity) I watched as the tiny screen began to get darker and one line appeared. But this time the pink line was on the left side instead of the right, like I have seen the past five months. I turned the test around thinking I had it backwards and as I was doing that I saw another pink line appear. The test lies when it says it takes three minutes because it took less then 30 seconds for the two lines to appear, maybe they mean that it feels like three minutes. I just stared at this home pregnancy test....was their really two lines indicating that I was pregnant??? I kept saying to myself "Oh, my gosh...Oh, my gosh...". I finally was able to come out of the bathroom, walk to the bedroom doorway, and able to say to Dustin...."Dustin, there are two lines." He asked, "What do you mean?" He walked over to me at that point. "There are two lines." And I showed him the test and he said "What does that mean?" "I'm Pregnant." And that's when I became to cry.....Dustin then said "I'm going to be a DAD!" The picture isn't that great because I had been crying and we did the hold and click method for this shot. But it is the first picture after finding out about the baby. We are both very excited about this baby....

Telling Our Families
We couldn't wait to tell our families about the new growing addition to our family. We made this onesie for Dustin's family and mailed it. While making this little onesie, Dustin was so cute and asked "Which is the front?" Get ready little one we have a lot to teach your Dad! The package finally arrived at his parent's house, and they were all thrilled! It is the first grand baby and great grand baby on Dustin's said, so you can imgine the excitement. On New Year's Day we went over to my parent's house to share the news (but they just thought we were coming to visit). I had asked them for pictures of their current 5 grandchildren because I had found a great frame for their wall of family pictures. They didn't know that the frame had 6 4x6 openings. I had created this to put into the last opening: I hung the frame on the wall and told them to come see all their grandchildren. Mom took her time looking at each picture, but dad just looked quick and got to the last photo first and said "Are you trying to tell us something?" Mom immediately took her eyes to the last photo....there were hugs, congratulations, and I think mom had a little tear in her eye finding out her daughter was having her first baby. The due date on the photo was one we had gotten from the computer....a more accurate one to follow when I blog about our First Doctor's Appointment!

4 comments:

M&M Kanet said...

I'm so excited for you both!!! Your life will be changed forever - for the better. You guys came up with cute ways to spread the news. Andrea told me, and I kept wanting to comment on your FB or your blog about how happy I am for you, but you hadn't announced it yet, so I kept quiet. I hope you have been feeling well. Keep us posted!

Jenna and Daniel plus 3 said...

Yea you finally posted it!!! I am so excited for you guys...fun times to come!

Andrea, Joey, & Jackson Mott said...

congratulations, that is so exciting. you are going to be a great mother. I was wondering why you were asking about the bedding set. We have only done baby bedding for family so I wouldn't know how much to charge, I guess it would depend on the fabric you pick out, how much it is, then my mother and law could figure it out. exciting news though, we are excited for you guys.

Kanets said...

I would love to come visit, but I am watching my nephew during the day now (Betsie's baby). Maybe on one of my days off. I forgot to tell you that this post made me tear up. So sweet.