Saturday, July 12, 2008

Water Fun

My school collects box tops throughout the year and classes that collect the most during the trimester get to do something to a teacher that has volunteered. This past year a teacher had to dress in whatever the class choose, there were some interesting outfits! Then I was picked during the second trimester and had my hair styled in the wildest ways. I will not volunteer for that again.
This last trimester, every class that collected four hundred box tops or more would get to pick a teacher or staff member of their choice to throw a cup of water on, each member of the class would get a chance. Well thanks to Mr. Wilson , who had the most box tops overall got to pick two teachers so of course I was one of them. This was a whole lot better then the stylings of my hair. The water was freezing thanks to Bob for putting ice in the water. So I had thirty or so fifth graders each get to pour a cup full of water on me. I knew all day that Bob had something special planned...
Here is Bob with his surprise...a huge bucket full of this ice cold water!

Thanks Bob! I was soaking wet after the whole thing, but it was fun and the kids enjoyed it.
My class had also collected four hundred box tops, so we got a chance to soak a staff member as well!

1 comment:

Brad and Leslie said...

Ahh! How did you get so lucky to be able to get all wet on a hot day?! Zoƫ is looking forward to getting in on the action before the end of the school year.

What track are you on next year! I am fighting to get my kids moved for the same reason I have used for 3 years - child care! I am SOOOOOO stressed out about it!

Your blog is looking really cute!