Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving in Tennessee


Dustin and I went to Tennessee for Thanksgiving again this year, and we were very excited because the whole family would be there this year---mom, dad, brother, and sister! We left early Wednesday morning and are had tons of fun hanging out and relaxing.

Dustin and I were in charge of cooking and turkey and mashed potatoes. I love Thanksgiving and the holidays, all of the food is delicious and you spend all weekend eating and eating. While the food was cooking Dustin, Brandon, and Chad decided they were going to hunt down birds...well they each got a kill!



I thought that a nice thing to do while in TN with the whole family would be to take family pictures. The pictures turned out great and I can not wait to add them to my frames. Here are just a few pictures that we took. I have tons more....it was our own personal photo shoot in MawMaw and Papoo's front yard!








As if Thanksgiving isn't a huge enough holiday to prepare for, how about having Christmas the next day! Since the whole family was together this year, it was decided that we should exchange Christmas presents while we were all in TN. Some of the gifts that we had for family was a bit stressful to travel with, but it all worked out and nothing was broken or damaged in the travels. The girls (well Mariah and I) decorated one of Aunt Janice's tree's on Thanksgiving after we ate. Everyone enjoyed giving and receiving gifts, more eating, and spending time together has a family.


After "Christmas" Dustin and I went horseback riding on a trail up in the Smokey Mountains. I am amazed by how the scenery is so different from Nevada. The leaves actually change colors here! The trail we rode was fun. My horse did not like walking through the mud, so she walked around the puddles. There were times I was so confused as to what she was doing. Dustin's horse kept trying to either bite the horse in front of him or eat stuff. It was very fun and something we have never done together!




Dustin and I love going to TN, it is a great escape from the craziness of Las Vegas. I think next year we are going to bring the pups! We are so thankful for our family and the time that we were able to spend together with everyone this weekend.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

You guys are cute. To answer your question... I think I bought the ribbon on www.scrapartist.com. The designer is Amanda Rockwell. Your blog is really cute. Hope that helps!

Andrea, Joey, & Jackson Mott said...

looks like you guys had a good time, how fun to get away for Thanksgiving. you fit right in with Dustins family it looks like. and you look all cute next to that horse, like you should be a cowgirl or something.

Brad and Leslie said...

How fun is that?! I love the scenery. I can't wait until tonight! I can't stay for the actual play (long story), but I'll be there on Friday morning to help before the assembly! Love ya - you are the bestest Drama Club teacher in the world!

(Oh - I'm coming to stay early with Zoe, so I can help before the play tonight, too!!)